Connect to the Online World and Build Technology Skills | Digital Learning
GOAL #2: Citizens will have access to the internet on public computers and will have library staff that can assist them with their technology needs.
Objective #1: The library will provide citizens access to internet-enabled devices inside the library.
· The library’s wireless internet password is displayed for the public to connect their personal devices.
· Library staff will make internet-enabled devices available to citizens daily at the library (Spring 2020).
o Desktop computers, laptops, iPads
· The library staff will receive training on operating new library equipment (Spring 2020).
o Laptops and iPads.
· Public devices will be available for use on the 2020 Census.
o Staff training on the importance of the 2020 Census information to the library and any technical information needed to assist patrons completing the census.
Objective #2: Library staff will assist patrons in learning to use internet-enabled devices at the library.
· Library staff will offer classes on internet searching, Microsoft Office products, and general computer use (Fall 2021).
· Library staff will offer classes and one-on-one tutoring on library devices (Spring 2022).
· Library staff will offer one-on-one assistance with personal devices inside the library (Fall 2022).
Objective #3: The library will make online library resources available to patrons.
Staff training on library resources (Spring 2020).
· Classes offered on library resources (Summer 2020).
· Marketing information on how to access and use online library resources (Fall 2020).
· Community outreach about online library resources (Fall 2021).
o City council, local schools, patrons
· Director will monitor the use of online resources and include these numbers with circulation reports (Fall 2022).